Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Asperger's Are Us (2016)


Nick - The first comedy ensemble to include only people with Aspergers, that's Asperger's Are Us. I first heard about these guys in a podcast, all four were on promoting their comedy shows and this documentary. They had a very funny sense of humor, dry, witty and fun of puns. The documentary touches on the relationship of the troupe members and the preparation for their last live show before they're off to college and what have you's. One thing I liked was that the film maker didn't rely on any cheesy V.O but instead let the subjects tell the story. Honestly I feel like every documentary should be this way if it's subjects are alive to tell their tale. The story offers such a small glimpse into a very interesting dynamic and condition these guys share that it really did leave me wanting to dive deeper into what exactly makes these guys motivated. I guess that means I have to look these guys up.. 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment