Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Split (2017)


Nick - I feel like M. Night has come across some aspiring event or thing that's pushed him into a stint of great storytelling. This movie does take a turn eventually (as expected) but like his last movie The Visit, M. Night has managed to surprise me and keep me extremely entertained. Plus that ending! Oh that ending.. 7.8/10

Alex - Let's be upfront for a minute. Other than Unbreakable (which I loved), I thought most of M. Night's film were good but with horrible twists (Village, Signs). I stopped watching his films as he quickly transformed into a Hollywood punchline.  M. Night was his own worst enemy. However, I heard he made a decent comeback with The Visit (need to watch that one) and when I saw the trailer for Split, I was on the fence. 5FAW's very own Nick convinced me it was worth a view and so I went.

Split is exciting, tense and well-acted. McAvoy is utterly fantastic. His performance alone is worth the price of admission. And I'll leave you with this:  those last 10 seconds....

No comments:

Post a Comment